This intimate, yet significant, green space was designed in the Zen tradition of the famous gardens of Kyoto. The garden features a 170’ cascading stream, a wide variety of plants, flowers and trees, handcrafted cedar bridges, a selection of stone lanterns and a hand washing fountain.
Here at the James Irvine Japanese Garden, visitors and Downtown residents are invited to enjoy a peaceful lunch time respite or discover an unexpected paradise to take a quick stroll and enjoy the sounds of nature.
The Garden is available for special events and weddings as well as commercial photography, small conferences, concerts and theatrical performances.
For rental information, please complete the RENTAL PROPOSAL FORM.
JACCC is happy to offer discounts to qualified nonprofits.
Tuesday-Friday, 10 am - 5 pm
Weekends: 10 am - 4 pm
Hours are subject to change due to private events or inclement weather. To confirm, please call (213) 628-2725
Visitors during regular hours must check in at reception in the lobby of the JACCC Center Building before entering the Garden. Please note that special events may provide alternative access.
Admission is free
- Food and drinks are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- For safety, stay on the pathways at all times.
- Pets are not allowed with the exception of service dogs.
- For professional photography and non-wedding events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For weddings, please scroll down.
- Cost for non-commercial photoshoots (e.g. engagement shoots) is $100/hr during garden hours, $150 during non-garden hours.
- Commercial photoshoot (any media-related) is $250/hr.
- Professional filming inquiries must be submitted through Real to Reel Locations. Student film projects rate is $250/hr. Insurance is required for all filming.